Science Forum 2017
Edmonton, Alberta, February 28 - March 1, 2017
Alberta Innovates - Technology Futures Building, 250 Karl Clark Road NW
Environment and Climate Change Canada will be co-hosting a biennial Science forum in Edmonton, AB, to provide CABIN (Canadian Aquatic Biomonitoring Network) partners and those interested in biological assessment an opportunity to learn and share their experiences, provide advice on the direction of the CABIN program, and interact and find collaborations with others.
- Status and direction of the program
- CABIN applications in government for environmental conservation and protection
- CABIN application in the natural resources sector and its role in decision making
- Biomonitoring activities in the Prairies
- CABIN methodological considerations for lab, field and statistical assessment
- CABIN Research and Development
- How can CABIN be more effective for monitoring, assessment and decision-making?
- How can collaborations among biomonitoring activities be enhanced to achieve common goals?
- What are some challenges encountered by users applying CABIN?
- What improvements can be made to CABIN, including training, method development, online tools, and communication?
- Are there other areas of research that might be important for CABIN?
Registration begins January 2 to February 17, 2017 through the Canadian Rivers Institute. Registration fee for in-person attendance is $55, no fee for webinar participation.
In-person attendance provides valuable networking opportunities during coffee breaks, lunch and at an informal gathering at a local venue on Day 1. On-site (walk-in) registrations for $100 may be accepted by cash or cheque only.
CABIN Science Forum 2014
Guelph, Ontario, December 2-3, 2014
CABIN Science Forum 2012
Fredericton, New Brunswick, November 14-15, 2012
CABIN Science Forum 2010
Vancouver, British Columbia, November 17-18, 2010
- Date modified: