Canada is blessed with a stunning variety of landscapes, seascapes, flora and fauna. Our incredibly spectacular scenery – and the many species that make their homes in our midst – is a source of great pleasure and pride.
We value the health of these natural environments, and recognize that our social and economic well-being depends on their sustainability.
Environment and Climate Change Canada plays a key role in caring for our natural heritage. Find out about the department’s commitment to preserve, protect and restore our natural riches and how you can get involved.
- Importance of biodiversity
Why biodiversity matters, goals and targets, species, medical use.
- Ecosystem Initiatives
Partnership-based conservation and protection of key Canadian ecosystems.
- Migratory Birds
Learn about conservation and monitoring efforts as well as policies and regulations that apply to bird species.
- Species at Risk
Find out about species at risk in Canada and efforts to protect them.
- CITES - Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora
Find information about the requirements for the movement/trade of CITES listed animal and plant species, international travel with CITES listed species/items, as well as the permitting system.
- Wildlife Habitat
Find out about habitat conservation efforts across Canada.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about federal wildlife permits or if you need assistance completing an application form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 1-800-668-6767.
- 2017 Entry Form – Cap Tourmente National Wildlife Area – Controlled Fall Hunt Program for the Greater Snow Goose.
- Incidental Take of Migratory Birds in Canada
- Environment and Climate Change Canada Protected Areas Strategy
- List of birds protected under MBCA
- Environment and Climate Change Canada’s Protected Areas Renewed Section
- The North American Waterfowl Management Plan Revision
- Species at Risk Public Registry
- Greater Snow Goose Population Monitoring at Cap Tourmente National Wildlife Area
- How Much Habitat is Enough? Third Edition
- Migratory Game Bird Hunting Permit
- Date modified: