Contact us

Provinces and territories are responsible for the licensing and permitting of waste management operations including recycling centres, landfills and hazardous waste facilities. If you have questions regarding these operations, please contact your provincial or territorial Environment Ministry.  A list of provincial and territorial contacts is available for reference.

Municipalities generally offer municipal solid waste collection, recycling and disposal services for their citizens.  If you have questions regarding whether specific materials are recyclable or acceptable in the waste stream, please contact your local municipality or your provincial/territorial Recycling Council or Association.

It is important to manage hazardous waste properly.  To find out how or which services are available in your area, please contact your municipality.

Recycling in Canada

Do you have an item to recycle?  The following links may be helpful:
Province or territoryRecycling council or association
YukonRaven Recycling
North West TerritoriesDepartment of Environment and Natural Resources
British ColumbiaRecycling Council of British Columbia
AlbertaRecycling Council of Alberta
SaskatchewanSaskatchewan Waste Reduction Council
ManitobaGreen Manitoba
OntarioStewardship Ontario
Recycling Council of Ontario
Prince Edward IslandThe Island Waste Management Corporation
Nova ScotiaResource Recovery Fund Board
Reduce Your Waste
New BrunswickRecycle New Brunswick
Newfoundland and LabradorMulti Materials Stewardship Board


The Waste Reduction and Management Division

The Waste Reduction and Management Division administers a number of waste-related regulations.

For questions or comments regarding the Export and Import of Hazardous Waste and Hazardous Recyclable Materials Regulations, contact us at Notification (EC/EC) or DM / MD (EC)

For more information on the Polychlorinated Biphenyl (PCB) Regulations, please visit our website, or contact BPC / PCB (EC)

For more information on the Petroleum and Allied Petroleum Products Storage Tanks Regulations, please visit our website, or contact RegistreRéservoir / TankRegistry (EC)

For information on waste initiatives within the Government of Canada, please contact the PWGSC Office of Greening Government (OGGO).

If you have any other questions, please contact

Date modified: