Third national assessment
- Executive Summary
- 1.0 Introduction
- 2.0 Methods
- 3.0 Presence or Absence of Effects
- 4.0 Effluent Quality
- 5.0 Biological Monitoring Studies Investigating Observed Effects
- 6.0 Key Findings
- 7.0 Glossary
- 8.0 References
- Appendix A: Metal Mines Subject to the Metal Mining Effluent Regulations in 2013
- Appendix B: Effect Indicators, Critical Effects Sizes and Studies Conducted
- Appendix C: Mine-by-Mine Results of Studies Assessing Potential Effects
- Appendix D: Fish Tissue Mean Total Mercury Concentrations per Mine
- Appendix E: Trends in Sublethal Toxicity
- Appendix F: Trends in Sublethal Toxicity for Ore Types
- Appendix G: Annual Mean Concentrations of Effluent Characterization Data
- Appendix H: Mine-by-Mine Summary of Investigation Studies
Booty WG, Wong I, Lam D, Resler O. 2009. A decision support system for environmental effects monitoring. Environ. Modelling Software 24:889-900.
Borcard D, Legendre P. 2013. Review of the pros and cons of available indices applicable to the environmental effects monitoring to evaluate changes in benthic invertebrate community structure in response to effluent exposure. (can be requested by contacting Environment and Climate Change Canada at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Environment Canada. 2012a. Metal Mining Technical Guidance for Environmental Effects Monitoring.
Environment Canada. 2012b. Second National Assessment of Environmental Effects Monitoring Data from Metal Mines Subjected to the Metal Mining Effluent Regulations. National Environmental Effects Monitoring Office, Forestry, Agriculture and Aquaculture Division, Environment Canada.
Environment Canada. 2015. Summary Review of Performance of Metal Mines Subject to the Metal Mining Effluent Regulations in 2013.
Lowell RB, Tessier C, Walker SL, Willsie A, Bowerman M, Gautron D. 2008. National assessment of Phase 1 data from the metal mining environmental effects monitoring program. Gatineau, Quebec: National Environmental Effects Monitoring Office, Environment Canada.
Munkittrick KM, Arens CJ, Lowell RB, Kaminski GP. 2009. A review of potential methods of determining critical effects size for designing environmental monitoring programs. Environ. Toxicol. Chem. 28(7):1361-1371.
- Date modified: