This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Federal Sustainable Development Strategy
The Federal Sustainable Development Strategy (FSDS) provides Canadians with Government of Canada sustainable development priorities, establishes goals and targets, and highlights government actions from 41 federal organizations over the next three years.
The 2016–2019 FSDS was tabled in Parliament in October 2016. With 13 aspirational goals for a more sustainable Canada, the 2016–2019 FSDS demonstrates federal leadership on climate change, and includes the environment-related 2030 Sustainable Development Goals, measurable and ambitious targets, and the role that partners play.
Spring 2017 update to the FSDS:
- Our first update to the 2016–2019 Strategy provides early results for short-term milestones and updates key priorities.
Report on the Federal Sustainable Development Act:
- The “Report to the House of Commons Standing Committee on Environment and Sustainable Development on the Federal Sustainable Development Act” was released on June 19, 2017.
2016–2019 FSDS (October 2016)
2013–2016 FSDS (November 2013)
- Synthesis Report: Public Consultations on the Draft 2013–2016 FSDS (November 2013)
- 2013–2016 Management Framework (June 2014)
2010-2013 FSDS (October 2010)
- Synthesis Report: Public Consultations on the Draft 2010–2013 FSDS (August 2010)
- 2010-13 Management Framework (June 2011)
FSDS progress reports
2015 Progress Report (February 2016)
2012 Progress Report (February 2013)
2011 Progress Report (June 2011)
Departmental sustainable development strategies
View Departmental Sustainable Development Strategies for federal departments and agencies with responsibilities under the FSDS.
Canadian Environmental Sustainability Indicators
- Date modified: