Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada. You can request alternate formats on the Contact Us page.
St. Clair Energy Centre
(1) Name and address of proponent:
St. Clair Energy Centre, One South Wacher Drive, Suite 3030, Chicago, IL, 60606
(2) Latitude and longitude of proposed facility:
82o 3985' 02" N, 42o 8937' 22" W
(3) Distance to the Canada/U.S. border:
(4) Brief description of the proposed project (major products, process, capacity, etc):
The St. Clair Energy Centre Project is a 615 MW combined cycle natural gas fired electricity generating station. The facility will be equipped with two independent process trains, each consisting of a combustion turbine generator (with a gross capacity of 185 MW), a heat recovery steam generator (HRSG), including an auxiliary duct burner (maximum heat input of 350 MMBtu/h-HHV), and one steam turbine generator (nameplate capacity of 135 MW each. There will also be associated auxiliary equipment (space and unit heaters, a fuel heater, on-site storage tanks, etc.).
(5) For combustion processes, list capacity (tonnes/year), fuel type and grade:
Capacity: 745,663 tonnes/year (estimate based on reasonable wors-case operations) Fuel Type: Natural Gas Fuel Grade: Consumer
(6) Contact for technical and design information:
Mr. Andrew Flanagan,
Phone Number: (312) 224-1400
Fax Number: (312) 224-1444
(7) Estimated annual quantities of the following pollutants released to the atmosphere (tonnes per year):
SO2 : 11 PM : 141 NOx : 1366 VOC : 209 CO : 668
NOx (equivalent to NO2) **Note these estimate include emission estimates from all natural gas combustion sources at site (combustion turbines, duct burners, fuel heater, space heaters, and unit heaters). Estimates also assume a worst-case operating scenario, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year.
(8) List hazardous air pollutants with emissions estimates (tonnes/year) for any hazardous pollutants with expected annual emission rates of greater than 1 tonne per year:
Benzene: 1.2 tonnes/yr Acrolein: 1.1 tonnes/yr Ethylbenzene: 5.6 tonnes/yr Hexane: 5.2 tonnes/yr Propane: 4.6 tonnes/yr Toluene: 22.6 tonnes/yr Acetaldehyde: 7.0 tonnes/yr Butane: 6.1 tonnes/yr Formaldehyde: 123.6 tonnes/yr Pentane: 7.5 tonnes/yr Propylene Oxide: 5.0 tonnes/yr Xylene: 11.1 tonnes/yr
- Date Modified: