Help the Government of Canada organize its website!
Complete an anonymous 5-minute questionnaire. Start now.
The chemical industry manufactures a diverse range of materials and products. Although some materials are used as ingredients for chemical products which are purchased directly by the consumer, the principle activity of this industry sector involves the chemical change of basic hydrocarbon and mineral resources into materials and products which are purchased directly by other industries. During the manufacturing process there is potential for chemical products and by-products to enter the environment
Substance(s) Managed Under this Source
- Ethylene oxide
- Vinyl Chloride
- Gaseous ammonia
- Four New Fluorotelomer-based Substances
- Perfluorinated Carboxylic Acids (PFCAs) and their Precursors
- The benzenamine, N-Phenyl-, Reaction Products with Styrene and 2,4,4-Trimethylpentene (BNST)
Risk Management Tool(s)
Tool(s) developed to manage risks associated with releases:
- CCPA And Governments Of Canada, Ontario And Alberta Memorandum Of Understanding For Environmental Protection Through Action Under CCPA Responsible Care® (Expired)
- Proposed Prohibition of Certain Toxic Substances Regulations, 2012
Email address: GR-RM@ec.gc.ca
Fax number: (819) 994-0007
Chemicals Management Division
200 Sacré Coeur Blvd.
- Date Modified: