Help the Government of Canada organize its website!
Complete an anonymous 5-minute questionnaire. Start now.
Electric Power Generation Sector (Fossil Fuel)
Information on this sector can be found on the Electricity and Combustion Division (ECD) Web Site. Click on the link under "Other Information"
Substance(s) Managed Under this Source
- Inorganic arsenic compounds
- Oxidic, sulphidic, and soluble inorganic nickel compounds
- Hexavalent chromium compounds
- Inorganic cadmium compounds
- Respirable particulate matter less than or equal to 10 microns
- Sulphur dioxide
- Nitric oxide, which has the molecular formula NO
- Nitrogen dioxide, which has the molecular formula NO2
Risk Management Tool(s)
Tool(s) developed to manage risks associated with releases:
- Electricity and Combustion - Information Centre
- ecoACTION: Turning the Corner
- News Releases-Federal action plan will reduce toxic emissions from power plants
Email address: GR-RM@ec.gc.ca
Fax number: (819) 994-0007
Chemicals Management Division
200 Sacré Coeur Blvd.
- Date Modified: