Help the Government of Canada organize its website!
Complete an anonymous 5-minute questionnaire. Start now.
The Guidelines for the Notification and Testing of New Substances were prepared to assist individuals responsible for complying with the New Substances Notification Regulations (NSNR) under the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 (CEPA 1999).
Animate Products of Biotechnology:
- The brochure regarding the New Substances Notification Regulations (PDF; 457 KB)
- Guideline for the Notification and Testing of New Substances: Organisms (August 2010)
- Guidance Document For Testing The Pathogenicity and Toxicity of New Microbial Substances To Aquatic and Terrestial Organisms [available in print from EPS Publication, EPS1/RM/44 - March 2004, Tel: (819) 953-5921]
Laboratory Biosafety Guidelines
- Appendix K of the NIH Guidelines for Research Involving Recombinant DNA Molecules
- Advisory Notes
- Information on retail products containing microorganisms, biochemicals (such as enzymes) or biopolymers, are "biotechnology products" and may be subject to the New Substances Notification (NSN) Regulations, pursuant to the Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA). (PDF; 21 KB)
- Operational Policies Manual (PDF; 108 KB)
- Date Modified: