Contact Jason Hawirko, M.Sc. P.Eng.:
Member of The Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists, and Geophysicists of Alberta (APEGGA)
AWARDS / EDUCATION
Designated CEPA Analyst (June, 2005)
M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, Specializing in Vehicular Exhaust Emissions, 2002
B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering with Distinction, 2000
Jason Hawirko, M.Sc. P.Eng.
Twin Atria Building (Edmonton, AB)
CURRENT S&T / RESEARCH - Participate in the management of regulatory reporting requirements for facilities releasing substances of concern; with the end result of releasing the information for public use
- Provide guidance and engineering/technical interpretations of the NPRI requirements to all industrial facilities, consultants, industrial associations and environmental groups
- Responsible for updating the comprehensive Criteria Air Contaminants (CACs) inventory for the Upstream Oil and Gas (UoG) Sector
- Participate on the development of new methodologies and procedures for the estimation of multi-media pollutant emissions
- Experience with Quality Assurance Quality Control (QAQC) procedures/objectives to verify data quality of emission estimates and estimation methodologies
- Coaching: NPRI Helpdesk, Information Sessions, Estimation Tools & Methodologies, OWNERS, Google Earth Development
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES / INTERESTS
Experience in dealing with various stakeholder groups including all levels of government, industrial associations and facilities, consultants, environmental groups and public representatives
Assisted in the design and preparation of regulations, technical papers and reports for both internal and external purposes
Hawirko J.D. and M.D. Checkel. 2002. Real-Time, On-Road Measurements of Driving Behavior, Engine Parameters and Exhaust Emissions. SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-1714, Society of Automotive Engineers.
Hawirko J.D. 2002. Modeling Vehicle Emission Factors Determined with an In-Use & Real-Time Emission Measurement System. Master of Science Thesis, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada.
Hawirko J.D. and M.D. Checkel. 2003. Quantifying Vehicle Emission Factors for Various Ambient and Initial Engine Conditions Using an On-Road, Real-Time Emission Measurement System. SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-0301, Society of Automotive Engineers.
- Date modified: