Contact Haig Agemian:
Collaborates with the Canadian Association for Laboratory Accreditation (CALA) and is affiliated with the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA).
Member of the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) Proficiency Testing Consultative Group (PTCG).
AWARDS / EDUCATION
B.Sc. Physics, Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario
B.Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry, Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario
Chief - Information and Quality Management
CURRENT S&T / RESEARCH - Development and Marketing of Proficiency Testing (PT) Programs and Certified Reference Materials for analytical laboratories within Canada and around the world
- Quality Management of Analytical Data Program including Proficiency Testing (PT)Programs and Certified Reference Materials
- Develop and maintain PT Provider capability accredited to the ISO/IEC Guide 43 and ILAC Guide 13
- Manage the Environment Canada Proficiency Testing Program for inorganic parameters in water as well as provide PT support to the laboratory accreditation program of the Canadian Association for Environmental Laboratories for a wide variety of inorganic, organic and toxicological parameters
- Develop tools and services for the assessment of proficiency of analytical laboratories in Canada and around the world to consult and provide audit and assessment capabilities to scientific agencies engaged in environmental studies
- Develop and market certified reference materials to clients in Canada and around the world
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES / INTERESTS
Development of quality management products and services for delivery to locations around the globe
Quality assurance, laboratory accreditation and performance assessment
Presentations, consultations and provision of technical training courses to Institutions and Organizations at International locations in the areas of specialty
Over 25 years experience in the management of environmental analytical laboratory operations
Environment Canada Proficiency Testing Program studies for trace elements and total mercury in water (ongoing - 2 publications per year). Cheryl Tinson, Jayne Simser and Haig Agemian.
Environment Canada Proficiency Testing Program Studies for Major Ions, Nutrients and Total Phosphorus in Water (Ongoing - 2 publications per year). Cheryl Tinson, Jayne Simser and Haig Agemian.
Environment Canada Proficiency Testing Program Studies for Rain and Soft Waters (Ongoing - 2 publications per year). Cheryl Tinson, Jayne Simser and Haig Agemian.
Authored over 30 publications in the fractionation, extraction and analysis of inorganic parameters in water, biota and sediments.
Expertise Categories associated with this S&T Expert:Air
Adaptation & Impacts
Regulation & Enforcement
Rain & Stormwater
Acidification and acid rain
Beneficial management practices
- Date Modified: