Contact Nizar Haidar:
Member of CALA
Member of American Society of Mass Spectrometry
Quality Management Working Group for Operational Analytical Laboratories and Research Support Directorate
AWARDS / EDUCATION
Outstanding Award from the Egyptian Government for consultation and ensuring their achievement of ISO 17025 accreditation
Designated Analyst: Canadian Environmental Protection Act and Fisheries Act
Citation of Excellence Award
Quality Assurance Officer - Prairie and Northern Laboratory for Environmental Testing
Northern Forestry Center (Edmonton, AB)
CURRENT S&T / RESEARCH - Working to ensure the highest quality of data produced within the Prairie and Northern Laboratory for Environmental Testing (PNLET)
- Manage the overall quality assurance / quality control of the chemical and toxicology analysis conducted at PNLET within the framework established by the PNLET Quality Assurance Manual
- Provide certified legal analysis for inspectors, investigators and crown prosecutors as required by the Canadian Environmental Protection Act and Fisheries Act
- Develops new analytical methods or modifies existing ones to meet clients' ever-changing needs concerning the analysis of environmental samples for organic contaminants
- Provides International consultation on Quality assurance and Quality control, helping to ensure that Canada sets the standard for environmental quality in the world
- Provides advice to federal, academic and industry officials and scientists engaged in environmental monitoring, research and protection
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES / INTERESTS
20 years S&T experience in operating and maintaining Mass Spectrometry instruments and managing the Quality Assurance program at PNLET
Provides all necessary requirements to comply with the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission regulations
Provides all necessary requirements and standard operating procedures to ensure safety in PNLET
Gurprasad, N.P., N.A. Haidar and T.G. Manners. 2002. Applications of Negative Ion Chemical Ionization Mass Spectrometry Technique in Environmental Analysis. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis. 33(15-18).
Spiegel, K., N. Haidar, J. Headley, K. Peru and N. Gurprasad. 1997. Comparison of GC/MS/MS and GC/MS of residues of Explosives in underground water using an Ion-trap and a Mass Selective detector. Presented at CSMS annual workshop in Lake Louise, Alberta, 1997.
Gurprasad, N., M. Constable, N. Haidar and E. Cabalo. 1995. Polychlorinated Dibenzo-p-dioxins (PCDDs) Leaching from Pentachlorophenol-Treated Utility Poles (Award Winner Scientific Paper) presented at the 15th Int. Symposium on Chlorinated Dioxins and Related Compounds, Edmonton, Alberta, Aug., 1995. Publication: Chlorinated Dioxins and Related Compounds, Organohalogen Compounds, FTE, V24, p501-503.
Haidar, N., N.P. Gurprasad and J.F. Sproull. 1995. Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) in Aerosol Products. Presentation at the 30th Western Trace Organic Residue Workshop, May 1995.
Sproull, J. and N. Haidar. 2000. GC and GC-MS Calculations Using Spreadsheet Macro Programming. Presentation at Western Canada Trace Organic Residue Workshop, May 2000.
- Date modified: