Contact John Lawrence:
Canadian co-chair of the IJC's Council of Great Lakes Research Managers
Canadian co-lead, Great Lakes Regional Research Information Network, GLRRIN
Co-chair, Federal-Provincial Lake Winnipeg Basin Committee
AWARDS / EDUCATION
Environment Canada Citation of Excellence for environmental effects monitoring
Don Laberge Award for outstanding contribution to CAEAL
Director - Aquatic Ecosystem Management Research Division
CURRENT S&T / RESEARCH - Management of research & development for rehabilitation and conservation of water resources
- Assessment of groundwater quality and remediation of contaminated groundwater
- Methods and tools for the assessment and remediation of contaminated sediments
- Nutrient enrichment and organic contaminants in large aquatic ecosystems and coastal areas
- Integrated management of urban water supply, drainage, wastewater and receiving waters
- Scientific knowledge, tools and models to better integrate water quality monitoring and research information for enhanced understanding and management
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES / INTERESTS
Research coordination and integration
Manuscript, research grant and agreement review
Standardization - chair of Canadian Advisory Committee for ISO TC147, Water Chemistry
Watson, S.B. and J. Lawrence. 2003. Drinking Water Quality and Sustainability. Water Qual. Res. J. Canada. 38(1):3-13.
Chambers, P., M. Allard, S. Walker, J. Marsalek, J. Lawrence, M. Servos, J. Busnarda, K. Munger, K. Adare, C. Jefferson, R. Kent and M. Wong. 1997. Impacts of Municipal Wastewater Effluents on Canadian Waters: A Review. Water Qual. Res. J. Canada. 32(4):659-713.
Lawrence, J. and K. Aspila. 1995. Quality Assurance for Environmental Monitoring. Water Qual. Res. J. Canada. 30(1):1-7.
- Date modified: