Environment Canada's Science Strategy 2014-2019
- Message from the Deputy Ministers
- 1. The Science of Environment Canada
- 2. Vision, Mission and Principles to Guide Environment Canada’s Science
- 3. Future Directions: Setting Priorities and Implementing the Strategy
- 4. Path Forward
- Appendix I: Priorities for Environment Canada's Science for 2014-2019
- Appendix II: Specific Mechanisms to Implement the Strategy’s Principles
This Science Strategy was developed through a consultative and engagement process with a variety of stakeholders. Consultations occurred through several mechanisms: an online questionnaire distributed to departmental employees and key external stakeholders; and federal workshops held in seven locations across Canada. Numerous targeted meetings also took place to engage departmental staff and review elements of the Strategy.
The development of this Strategy was led by Environment Canada’s Science and Technology Executive Committee, and an inter-branch steering committee with representation from Science and Technology Branch, Environmental Stewardship Branch, Meteorological Service of Canada, and Strategic Policy Branch. Many more individuals from across Environment Canada, including representatives from the branches of Audit & Evaluation, Communications, Corporate Services, Enforcement, Finance, Human Resources and International Affairs, also participated in the development process, as did other federal departments and external partner organizations.
Thank you to all who contributed.
- Date modified: