Canada's black carbon inventory - 2017 edition
- Executive summary
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Black carbon emissions in Canada
- 3. Considerations for future editions of this inventory
- Annex A: Sector description
- Annex B: Black carbon/PM2.5 ratios
- Annex C: UNECE report on black carbon emissions
- List of acronyms, abbreviations and units
3. Considerations for future editions of this inventory
This inventory is estimated to provide 90% coverage of Canadian black carbon emissions. Future improvements will focus on expanding current coverage, as well as improving the accuracy of emission estimates. In particular, the incorporation of emissions from diesel engines used for electricity generation in remote locations (not currently reporting emissions to the National Pollutant Release Inventory) will be explored.
Another source not currently estimated is prescribed burning, which is the controlled and intentional burning of biomass as a land management practice. Although it is not expected to be a large source of emissions for Canada, it will be included in future inventories.
- Date modified: