Summary Review of Performance of Metal Mines Subject to the Metal Mining Effluent Regulations in 2013
- 2. Abstract
- 3. Summary
- 4. Overall Compliance Assessment for Prescribed Deleterious Substances and pH in 2013
- 5. Overall Assessment of Results of Rainbow Trout Acute Lethality and Daphnia magna Monitoring Tests in 2013
- 6. Comparison of Performance of Metal Mines in 2012 and 2013
- 7. Performance Data and Compliance Summary for 2013
- 8. References
- 9. List of Acronyms and Abbreviations
- 10. List of Tables
- 11. List of Figures
- 12. List of Appendices
This review summarizes the performance of Canadian metal mines with respect to selected standards prescribed by the Metal Mining Effluent Regulations, which were registered on June 6, 2002, and came fully into force on December 6, 2002.
This is the eleventh annual summary of performance with respect to the Regulations. In addition to detailed mine effluent quality data, the report includes various tables and graphs synthesizing the compliance data based on exceedances, jurisdictions and mining subsectors. Summary tables are also provided on the same basis for both rainbow trout acute lethality and Daphnia magna monitoring tests. This performance review of mines is limited in that it does not include an overview of the main requirements of the Regulations. The electronic version of this summary review is available through Environment Canada’s online publications catalogue.
- Date modified: