Toluene diisocyanates (TDIs): P2 Notice overview
Published November 26, 2011, the Notice outlines the requirements to prepare and implement pollution prevention (P2) plans.
- Notice (published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, Saturday, November 26, 2011; Vol. 145, No. 48, Supplement)
Table of contents
Does this Notice apply to you?
This Notice applies to owners or operators of facilities within the polyurethane and other foam sector (except polystyrene) which, at any time, purchases, imports or uses greater than 100 kg/year of toluene diisocyanates (TDIs) and is involved in the activities specified in the Notice.
What you need to do
Prepare a P2 plan
- For a facility subject to the notice on the date of publication, you must prepare a P2 plan by November 26, 2012
- For a facility subject to the notice after the date of publication, you must prepare a P2 plan within 12 months from becoming subject
Implement a P2 plan
- For a facility subject to the notice on the date of publication, you must implement a P2 plan by November 26, 2015
- For a facility subject to the notice after the date of publication, you must implement a P2 plan no later than 48 months from becoming subject
You must complete and submit reports to Environment and Climate Change Canada.
- To report or for a Notification of non-engagement form, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instructions for completing the schedules
- Requests for time extension granted by Environment and Climate Change Canada
|Type of reports||Deadline1|
|Schedule 1: Declaration of Preparation||December 26, 2012|
|Schedule 4: Interim Progress Report no. 1||November 26, 2013|
|Schedule 4: Interim Progress Report no. 2||November 26, 2014|
|Schedule 5: Declaration of Implementation||December 26, 2015|
1 Note that the deadlines apply to a facility that becomes subject to the notice on the date of publication.
P2 notice toolkit
- P2 planning support tools
- P2 Planning and the Canadian Environmental Protection Act 1999, Part 4
- List of P2 planning notices
- Factsheet (HTML) (PDF; 442 KB)
- Proposed Notice (published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, Saturday, July 3, 2010; Vol. 144, No. 27, Supplement)
- Responses to stakeholders' comments: Proposed Notice
- Working Document
- Responses to stakeholders' comments: Working Document
- Final Screening Assessment Report
- Risk management approach
Contact Environment and Climate Change Canada
For all technical inquiries regarding the content of this notice, please contact:
Chemical Production Division
For inquiries regarding reporting and P2 practices, please contact:
Regulatory Innovation and Management Systems
- Date modified: