Bisphenol A: Pollution Prevention Planning Notice
Published April 14, 2012, the Notice outlines the requirements to prepare an implement pollution prevention (P2) plans.
- Notice (published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, Saturday, April 14 2012; Vol. 146, No. 15, Supplement)
Table of contents
Does this Notice apply to you?
This Notice applies to owners or operators of industrial facilities that:
- manufacture bisphenol A in a quantity greater than 100 kg per calendar year and, as a result of manufacture, the effluent at the final discharge point of the facility contains bisphenol A;
- use bisphenol A in a quantity greater than 100 kg per calendar year and, as a result of use, the effluent at the final discharge point of the facility contains bisphenol A; or
- use a mixture containing bisphenol A in a quantity greater than 100 kg per calendar year and, as a result of use, the effluent at the final discharge point of the facility contains bisphenol A.
What you need to do
Prepare a P2 plan
You must prepare a P2 plan by December 31, 2012.
Implement a P2 plan
You must implement a P2 plan by December 31, 2016.
You must complete and submit reports to Environment and Climate Change Canada.
- Report online for notice
- Instructions for completing the schedules
- Tip sheet: Pollution Prevention Planning Online Reporting Tool
- Guide for Sampling and Analysis of Bisphenol A in Industrial Effluent
- For a Notification of non-engagement form, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Type of reports||Deadline|
|Schedule 1: Declaration of Preparation||January 30, 2013|
|Schedule 4: Interim progress reports no. 1 to 3||annually from January 30, 2014 to January 30, 2016|
|Schedule 5: Declaration of Implementation||January 30, 2017|
P2 notice toolkit
- P2 planning support tools
- P2 Planning and the Canadian Environmental Protection Act 1999, Part 4
- List of P2 planning notices
- Fact sheet
- Proposed Notice (published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, Saturday, October 16, 2010; Vol. 144, No. 42, Supplement)
- Response to comments: Proposed Notice
- Consultation Document
- Response to comments: Consultation Document
- Final Screening Assessment Report
- Risk management approach
Contact Environment and Climate Change Canada
For all technical inquiries regarding the content of this Notice, please contact:
For inquiries regarding reporting and P2 practices, please contact:
Regulatory Innovation and Management Systems
- Date modified: