Siloxane D4 in industrial effluents: P2 Notice overview
Published June 2, 2012, the Notice outlines the requirements to prepare and implement pollution prevention (P2) plans.
- Notice (published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, Saturday, June 2, 2012; Vol. 146, No. 22, Supplement)
Table of contents
Does this Notice apply to you?
This Notice applies to any person who owns or operates an industrial facility that manufactures or uses D4 or a mixture containing D4, where the total quantity of D4 used or manufactured is equal to or greater than 100 kg during a calendar year, and, as a result of manufacturing or use, the effluent at the final discharge point(s) of the facility contains D4.
What you need to do
Prepare a P2 plan
- For a facility subject to the notice on the date of publication, you must prepare a P2 plan by June 1, 2013
- For a facility subject to the notice after the date of publication, you must prepare a P2 plan within 12 months from becoming subject
Implement a P2 plan
- For a facility subject to the notice on the date of publication, you must implement a P2 plan by June 1, 2017
- For a facility subject to the notice after the date of publication, you must implement a P2 plan no later than 48 months from becoming subject
You must complete and submit reports to Environment and Climate Change Canada.
- Report online for notice
- Instructions for completing the schedules
- Tip sheet: Pollution Prevention Planning Online Reporting Tool
- Request for time extension granted by Environment and Climate Change Canada
- For a Notification of non-engagement form, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Type of reports||Deadline1|
|Schedule 1: Declaration of Preparation||July 1, 2013|
|Schedule 4: Interim Progress Reports no. 1 to 3||annually July 1, 2014 to July 1, 2016|
|Schedule 5: Declaration of Implementation||July 1, 2017|
1 Note that the deadlines apply to a facility that becomes subject to the notice on the date of publication.
P2 notice toolkit
- Fact sheet
- P2 planning support tools
- P2 Planning and the Canadian Environmental Protection Act 1999, Part 4
- List of P2 planning notices
- Proposed Notice (published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, Saturday, January 15, 2011; Vol. 145, No. 3, Supplement)
- Response to comments: Proposed Notice
- Consultation Document
- Response to comments: Consultation Document
- Final Screening Assessment Report
- Summary of risk management actions for D4
Contact Environment and Climate Change Canada
For all technical inquiries regarding the content of this notice, please contact:
Chemical Production Division
For inquiries regarding reporting and P2 practices, please contact:
Regulatory Innovation and Management Systems
- Date modified: