This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Inorganic Chloramines and Chlorinated Wastewater Effluents
Pollution Prevention Planning Notices
Notice Requiring the Preparation and Implementation of Pollution Prevention Plans in Respect of Inorganic Chloramines and Chlorinated Wastewater Effluents
On December 4, 2004, the Minister of the Environment published a Notice under Part 4 of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 (CEPA 1999) requiring the preparation and implementation of pollution prevention plans for inorganic chloramines and chlorinated wastewater effluents. This Notice published in Part I of the Canada Gazette targets persons involved in the use of chlorine or chlorine compounds in wastewater systems and the release of chlorinated wastewater effluent to surface water.
The Notice outlines the requirement to prepare and implement pollution prevention plans for inorganic chloramines and chlorinated wastewater effluents and includes forms to be completed by persons subject to the Notice.
- Notice requiring the preparation and implementation of pollution prevention plans for inorganic chloramines and chlorinated wastewater effluents (Canada Gazette, Part I, Saturday, December 4, 2004; Vol. 138, No. 49, p. 3497)
This Notice was developed following consideration of comments received on the Working Document and Proposed Notice (published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, Saturday, June 7, 2003; Vol. 137, No. 23, p. 1641).
For all technical inquiries regarding the content of this Notice, please contact:
For inquiries regarding reporting and pollution prevention practices, please contact:
Regulatory Innovation and Management Systems
c/o Innovative Measures Section
351 St-Joseph Blvd., 20th Floor
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0H3
Telephone (toll free): 1-844-580-3637
Fax: 819-420-7386 / 1-844-580-3638
Pollution Prevention Planning Notice Toolkit
- Report Online for Notice
- Instructions Specific to Notice
- Requests for Time Extension Granted by Environment Canada
- Proposed Notice (published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, Saturday, June 7, 2003; Vol. 137, No. 23, p. 1641)
- Working Document
- Proposed Risk Management Strategy addressing Ammonia, Inorganic Chloramines and Chlorinated Wastewater Effluents under CEPA 1999
- Response to Stakeholders' Comments
- Municipal Wastewater Effluent Fact Sheet
- Canada-wide Strategy for the management of municipal wastewater effluents
- Guideline for the Release of Ammonia Dissolved in Water Found in Wastewater Effluents
- Environment Canada's Wastewater website
- Other Pollution Prevention Planning Support Tools
- Management of Toxic Substances: Inorganic chloramines
- Date modified: