This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Targeted ecosystems are protected and restored
Estuary Prioritization Project
- Ranking information will result in more efficient use of conservation dollars for securement of important estuarine habitat.
Airshed Planning and Management
- Coordination, management and implementation of the Georgia Basin/Puget Sound International Airshed Strategy.
Persistent Organic Pollutants in the Georgia Basin
- Movement and fate of persistent organic pollutants in ecosystems of the Georgia Basin.
Agriculture Pest Management Options
- Guidelines on pesticide use to protect non-target organisms and habitat areas from negative impacts of priority pesticides.
Best Management Practices for Hull Maintenance at Boatyards and Marinas
- Promotion and implementation of Best Management Practices for removal of anti-fouling paints during hull maintenance, and pollution prevention at boatyards and marinas.
Abbotsford Aquifer Raspberry Field Soil Nitrate Monitoring
- Improved data on nitrate levels and transport and greater industry awareness.
Wastewater (Municipal) Controls
- Stakeholder and other government engagement (technical transfer sessions) to advance a long term strategy, including pollution prevention planning for selected toxic substances (ammonia, inorganic chloramines and chlorinated wastewater), for municipal wastewater effluents.
Poultry Farm Particulate Dust Emissions and Soil Nitrogen
- Data on the amount and quality of particulates (dust) being emitted from a typical broiler poultry barn as well as soil-nitrate levels in the vicinity of the barn; evaluation of a design of strategically placed trees to control the release and travel of dust particulates to the surrounding environment
Hornby Island Sandpiper Bioswale
- Design, construct and monitor a bioswale to improve surface water quality and promote groundwater infiltration in the Sandpiper area of Hornby Island.
Developing Codes of Practice for Stormwater Quality in the Capital Regional District
- Develop Codes of Practice for recycling operations and outdoor storage yards with stakeholder input.
Agricultural Audit of Two Sensitive Aquifers in the Lower Mainland Region
- Provincial compliance audits of farms in the Hoppington aquifer in the Township of Langley and the Abbotsford-Sumas aquifer in the City of Abbotsford.
Development of Integrated Pest Management Tools and Strategies for the Management of Wireworms
- Reduce chemical use and environmental impacts of pesticides for control of wireworms
Inventory (and ranking) of air toxics in the Lower Fraser Valley
- New toxics emissions inventory (last done in 1995) for Metro Vancouver.
Rock Bay Contaminant Reduction Initiative
- Education and business pollution prevention program for the automotive industry sector in the Rock Bay watershed
Replacement of Dichloromethane Paint Stripping Process Canadian Forces Base Esquimalt
- Demonstration project to replace a dichloromethane paint stripping process and associated equipment used on the base in order to reduce air emissions.
Survey of Pesticide Use in British Columbia: 2003
- The survey of pesticide sales and use in British Columbia during 2003.
Sandhill Creek Stewardship Initiative
- Increase business awareness of stormwater quality and impacts on fish habitat in the Keating Industrial Park.
For further information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date modified: