Targeted ecosystems are protected and restored
Estuary Prioritization Project
- Ranking information will result in more efficient use of conservation dollars for securement of important estuarine habitat.
Airshed Planning and Management
- Coordination, management and implementation of the Georgia Basin/Puget Sound International Airshed Strategy.
Persistent Organic Pollutants in the Georgia Basin
- Movement and fate of persistent organic pollutants in ecosystems of the Georgia Basin.
Agriculture Pest Management Options
- Guidelines on pesticide use to protect non-target organisms and habitat areas from negative impacts of priority pesticides.
Best Management Practices for Hull Maintenance at Boatyards and Marinas
- Promotion and implementation of Best Management Practices for removal of anti-fouling paints during hull maintenance, and pollution prevention at boatyards and marinas.
Abbotsford Aquifer Raspberry Field Soil Nitrate Monitoring
- Improved data on nitrate levels and transport and greater industry awareness.
Wastewater (Municipal) Controls
- Stakeholder and other government engagement (technical transfer sessions) to advance a long term strategy, including pollution prevention planning for selected toxic substances (ammonia, inorganic chloramines and chlorinated wastewater), for municipal wastewater effluents.
Poultry Farm Particulate Dust Emissions and Soil Nitrogen
- Data on the amount and quality of particulates (dust) being emitted from a typical broiler poultry barn as well as soil-nitrate levels in the vicinity of the barn; evaluation of a design of strategically placed trees to control the release and travel of dust particulates to the surrounding environment
Hornby Island Sandpiper Bioswale
- Design, construct and monitor a bioswale to improve surface water quality and promote groundwater infiltration in the Sandpiper area of Hornby Island.
Developing Codes of Practice for Stormwater Quality in the Capital Regional District
- Develop Codes of Practice for recycling operations and outdoor storage yards with stakeholder input.
Agricultural Audit of Two Sensitive Aquifers in the Lower Mainland Region
- Provincial compliance audits of farms in the Hoppington aquifer in the Township of Langley and the Abbotsford-Sumas aquifer in the City of Abbotsford.
Development of Integrated Pest Management Tools and Strategies for the Management of Wireworms
- Reduce chemical use and environmental impacts of pesticides for control of wireworms
Inventory (and ranking) of air toxics in the Lower Fraser Valley
- New toxics emissions inventory (last done in 1995) for Metro Vancouver.
Rock Bay Contaminant Reduction Initiative
- Education and business pollution prevention program for the automotive industry sector in the Rock Bay watershed
Replacement of Dichloromethane Paint Stripping Process Canadian Forces Base Esquimalt
- Demonstration project to replace a dichloromethane paint stripping process and associated equipment used on the base in order to reduce air emissions.
Survey of Pesticide Use in British Columbia: 2003
- The survey of pesticide sales and use in British Columbia during 2003.
Sandhill Creek Stewardship Initiative
- Increase business awareness of stormwater quality and impacts on fish habitat in the Keating Industrial Park.
For further information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date modified: