At 12:10 a.m. ADT, Monday September 29, 2003, Hurricane Juan made landfall in Nova Scotia as one of most powerful and damaging hurricanes to ever affect Canada. In response to the large demand for information, Environment Canada has created a comprehensive Hurricane Juan web site summarizing all aspects of the hurricane. The web site is updated regularly with new articles, summaries, maps, and photos.
Click on the links below to view the Hurricane Juan site:
- Photo Galleries
- Storm Summaries
- The Science of Hurricane Juan
- Hurricane Juan Stories
- What Can You Do When a Hurricane Is Coming?
Links of Interest:
- Environment Canada - 'Juan' retired from World Meteorological Organization hurricane name list
- Geological Survey of Canada (Atlantic) - Impact of Storms - Hurricane Juan
- Nova Scotia Department of Natural Resources - Impact of Hurricane Juan on woodlands and parks of central Nova Scotia
- Date Modified: