Migratory Bird Permit Application Forms

Permits may be issued under the Migratory Birds Regulations with conditions for the husbandry, release, scaring, capture, killing or disposal of migratory birds, or any other matter concerning the conservation of migratory birds.

Note to All Applicants

Service standards for Migratory Bird permits can be found online. Please note that when incomplete applications are received, Environment and Climate Change Canada will notify the applicant and the time limit will be “paused” or “suspended” until all the missing information is received.

Types of Migratory Bird Permits


The hunting of migratory birds is regulated by a set of rules, including the requirement to purchase a Migratory Game Bird Hunting Permit. Go to Migratory Bird Hunting.

Please consult the Permit Officer, Canadian Wildlife Service from Environment and Climate Change Canada in your area to submit your permit application form. It is your responsibility to contact the appropriate provincial/territorial wildlife agency and municipal office for information about possible additional permits required for your planned activity.

When applying for a Damage or Danger permit for the purpose of goose management, please refer to the information and best practice guidelines before undertaking the application process.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about federal wildlife permits or user fees or if you need assistance completing an application form, please contact us at ec.cwspermitdatarequest.ec@canada.ca or at 1-800-668-6767.

Contact Information

For further information or to obtain permits, please call or write to Permit Officer, Canadian Wildlife Service, Environment and Climate Change Canada, at one of the following addresses.

British Columbia

5421 Robertson Road
Delta British Columbia
V4K 3N2
Telephone: 604-350-1950
Fax: 604-946-7022
Email: ec.cwspermitdatarequest.ec@canada.ca

Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba

115 Perimeter Road
Saskatoon SK
S7N 0X4
Telephone: 306-975-4090
Fax: 306-975-4089
Email: ec.cwspermitdatarequest.ec@canada.ca

Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon

5019 52nd Street
P.O. Box 2310
Yellowknife, NT
X1A 2P7
Telephone: 867-669-4779
Fax: 867-873-6776
Email: ec.cwspermitdatarequest.ec@canada.ca
Email for Northwest Territories: ec.nwtpermisscf-cwspermitnwt.ec@canada.ca
Email for Nunavut: ec.nupermisscf-cwspermitnu.ec@canada.ca


867 Lakeshore Road
P.O. Box 5050
Burlington ON
L7R 4A6
Telephone: 905-336-4464
Fax: 905-336-4587
Email: ec.faune.ontario-wildlife.ontario.ec@canada.ca


201-1550 Avenue d'Estimauville
Quebec, QC
G1J 0C3
Telephone: 418-648-3683
Fax: 418-648-4871
Email: ec.permisscfquebec-cwsquebecpermit.ec@canada.ca

Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick

17 Waterfowl Lane
Sackville NB
E4L 1G6
Telephone: 506-364-5068
Fax: 506-364-5062
Email: ec.scfatlpermis-cwsatlpermits.ec@canada.ca


Footnote 1

Help on accessing documents in PDF format. Alternate formats available upon request. Please contact enviroinfo@ec.gc.ca.

Return to footnote 1 referrer

Footnote 2

Accessible Format to use only if you can't use the PDF version.

Return to footnote 2 referrer

Top of Page

Date modified: