The Special Studies presented on this site are special measurement campaigns (with durations of several weeks to several years) carried out by the Air Quality Research Division of Environment Canada and its government, university and industry collaborators.
The Special Studies data sets consist of air and/or precipitation chemistry data collected at high temporal and/or spatial resolution for the purpose of characterizing chemical concentrations and processes in the atmosphere.
The Special Studies data files made available for download were chosen because of their high potential applicability to current and future atmospheric research.
The Pacific 2001 Air Quality Study
- Location: Lower Fraser Valley, British Columbia
- Temporal Coverage: Aug. 10, 2001 - Sept. 20, 2001
- Measurements: ozone, particulate matter, reactive trace gases, meteorology.
- Pacific 2001
Continuous Non-Methane Hydrocarbon Measurements (NMHC) at the Centre for Atmospheric Research Experiments (CARE) at Egbert, Ontario
- Location: Center for Atmospheric Research Experiments (CARE) at Egbert, Ontario
- Temporal Coverage: March, 2001 to present
- Measurements: Nonmethane Hydrocarbons (C2 to C8)
- Non-Methane Hydrocarbon
The Nitrogen Scoping Study
- Location: 8 monitoring stations of the Canadian Air and Precipitation Monitoring Network (CAPMoN) in Saskatchewan (1), Ontario (4), Quebec (2) and Nova Scotia (1).
- Temporal Coverage: November 2001 to March 2005: 14 different field campaigns of 3 and 7 weeks in duration.
- Measurements: Nitrogen Oxides (gases and particles), Reduced Nitrogen (gas and particle form), Ozone, Sulfur Dioxide, PM size distribution for each major ion, Meteorology.
- Nitrogen Scoping
- Date modified: