Resource Centre- Long Descriptions
1. This table summarizes the typical early summer midday UV values for locations across North America.
2. This table provides links to UV forecasts from various countries around the world.
3. Image 1 – this bar graphs reports the yearly number of cloud-to-ground lightning flashes in Canada from 1999 to 2009. Plot points for this graph are listed in the table below.
|Year||Millions of Flashes|
4. Image 2 - this bar graphs reports the average monthly of cloud-to-ground lightning flashes in Canada from 1999 to 2009. Plot points for this graph are listed in the table below.
|Month||Number of Flashes|
|January||Less than 10, 000|
|February||Less than 10, 000|
|March||Less than 10, 000|
|November||Less than 10,000|
|December||Less than 10,000|
5. Image Description - A sample forecast page on the Canada.ca/weather website showing where the UV forecast information is located. The red arrows indicate the UV forecast can always be found in “Today’s Forecast” section.
6. Image Description - Screen shot of the Forecast Quick Link navigation toolbar used on the Canada.ca/weather web site. This toolbar provides quick access to all weather forecast location pages.
7. Image Description - Dangers of Lightning.
|Ground Current||40% to 50%|
|Side Flash||20% to 30%|
|Contact||15% to 25%|
|Upward Leaders||10% to 15%|
|Direct Strike||3% to 5%|
- Date Modified: