Guide to Environment Canada Marine Weather Forecasts
Marine Forecasts – Weather.gc.ca Website
The marine forecast for a marine district will be displayed on EC’s Weather.gc.ca marine forecast website as a text box with the forecast information from all three bulletins posted within sections of the text box. Access to other marine forecast information can be obtained by clicking on the tabs above the text box. Refer to the numbered arrows for a more detailed description of the forecast information:
The left-hand navigational toolbar allows webpage users to quickly access other meteorological products and educational resources offered by EC including radar and satellite imagery, marine information and fact sheets, as well as Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
A red banner is displayed stating the marine warnings if there are any in effect for the marine district. A yellow banner is displayed stating any marine watches in effect, and a green banner is displayed stating recently ended marine warnings or watches. Clicking on the banner provides further information regarding marine warnings or watches in effect. For a detailed description of marine warning and watches, refer to sections 10, 11, 12 and 13 of this Guide.
Clickable Tabs are provided to enable users to quickly access other useful marine forecast information.
The Marine Forecast is the complete marine forecast and provides information on key marine weather elements, including ice conditions as determined by the Canadian Ice Service depending on the season.
The Extended Marine Forecast Text gives only the marine wind forecast for the marine district.
- Types of Marine Forecasts
- Forecast Issue Times and Valid Periods
- Forecast Time Qualifiers in Relation to Clock Time
- What information is included in the Marine Forecast?
- Marine Forecasts – Sample Text Bulletins
- Marine Forecasts – Weather.gc.ca Website
- Forecast Updates – When and Why
- Major Weather Elements Included in the Marine Forecasts
- Interpreting the Wording of a Marine Forecast
- Marine Warnings and Watches Program
- Synoptic Warnings
- Localized Warnings & Watches
- Ice Warnings
- Date Modified: