Guide to Environment Canada Marine Weather Forecasts
Ice warnings are issued to report hazardous conditions within an ice field. They are included in the Ice Forecast bulletin. Further information regarding the ice forecast program can be obtained from the Canadian Ice Service by visiting their website and reviewing their Ice Products Guide.
- 1. Types of Marine Forecasts
- 2. Forecast Issue Times and Valid Periods
- 3. Forecast Time Qualifiers in Relation to Clock Time
- 4. What information is included in the Marine Forecast?
- 5. Marine Forecasts – Sample Text Bulletins
- 6. Marine Forecasts – Weather.gc.ca Website
- 7. Forecast Updates – When and Why
- 8. Major Weather Elements Included in the Marine Forecasts
- 9. Interpreting the Wording of a Marine Forecast
- 10. Marine Warnings and Watches Program
- 11. Synoptic Warnings
- 12. Localized Warnings & Watches
- 13. Ice Warnings
- Date modified: