Gasoline Regulations (SOR/90-247)The Regulations limit the concentration of lead in gasoline that is produced, imported, sold or offered for sale in Canada and limit the concentration of phosphorus in unleaded gasoline. The Regulations also specify the acceptable analytical methods for determining the concentration of lead and phosphorus in gasoline and impose record keeping and reporting obligations for leaded gasoline. Gasoline for use in aircraft is exempt from the Regulations and, leaded gasoline for use in competition vehicles is not subject to the lead concentration restrictions imposed by the Regulations.
Oil, Gas and Alternative Energy Division
Environment and Climate Change Canada
351 St. Joseph Boul.
Gatineau, QC K1A 0H3
Phone number: 819-420-7951
Fax number: 819-420-7410
Email address: email@example.com
Information to Help in Complying with the Regulations:
The contents of regulations and other regulatory instruments can be confusing for those who are not skilled in reading legal documents, or who may have difficulty understanding technical content. To help regulatees comply with regulatory requirements, materials that present legal or technical content in a more easily understandable format are provided. See "Other Useful Links" below.
|Canada Gazette||Date published||Volume and number|
|Part 1:||1989-07-15||Vol. 123, No. 28|
|Part 2:||1990-05-09||Vol. 124, No. 10|
Regulatory Text in HTML and PDF:
Link to Department of Justice Web Site for "Gasoline Regulations" - includes the consolidated regulations which reflects amendments
- Amendments to Regulations under Section 140 of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 (Miscellaneous Program) (2000-104)
- Regulations Amending the Gasoline Regulations (2003-106)
- Regulations Amending the Gasoline Regulations (2008-126)
- Regulations Amending the Gasoline Regulations (2010-134)
- Regulations Amending Certain Regulations Made Under Sections 140, 209 and 286.1 of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 (2017-110)
Other Useful Links:
For the Regulations, compliance-related materials include:
- Date modified: