Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the Contact Us page.
Help the Government of Canada organize its website!
Complete an anonymous 5-minute questionnaire. Start now.
ARCHIVED - Amendment of the Export and Import of Hazardous Wastes Regulations: Initial Discussion Paper
- 1. Introduction
- 2. CEPA, 1999
- 3. Outline of Planned Consultations Process
- 4. Principles Behind the Amendment Process
- 5. Specific Elements of the Current EIHWR to be Retained
- 6. Clarifying Definitions and Scope
- 7. Implementation of ESM Criteria
- 8. Waste Reduction Plans
- 9. Other Changes to International Agreements
- 10. Permits of Equivalent Levels of Environmental Safety
- 11. Improving Regulatory Efficiency
- 12. Access to Information
- 13. Cost Recovery
- 14. Next Steps
- Appendix A - CEPA, 1999: Part 7 - Division 8
February 20, 2001
- Date Modified: