CEPA Environmental Registry
The CEPA Environmental Registry gives Canadians the opportunity to learn more about how the federal government administers the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 (CEPA 1999) and invites industries, individuals, interest groups and others to participate in the public consultations and decision-making processes that take place under the Act.
The main goal of the Environmental Registry is to make it easier to access current information related to CEPA 1999. It is a comprehensive source of information on a variety of CEPA 1999-related tools, including proposed and existing policies, guidelines, codes of practice, government notices and orders, agreements, permits, and regulations. It also enables the public to monitor the progress of these instruments from the proposal stage to their final publication in the Canada Gazette.
You are encouraged to use the Environmental Registry to follow Environment Canada and Health Canada activities and to participate in the decision-making process by submitting comments on CEPA-related documents.
If this is your first visit, you may find the following links useful:
- The Act - The full text of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999
- About the Environmental Registry - Information on what you will find on the Registry
- Glossary - learn more about the terminology used on the Registry
- CEPA Registry Search engine - Use a keyword or phrase to search the Registry
- An Overview of CEPA 1999 - The history of CEPA.
- A Guide to Understanding the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 - This Guide explains the key features of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 (CEPA 1999).
- Fact Sheets on the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 - Information sheets on specific CEPA-related issues
- CEPA National Advisory Committee - Information about the Committee's role and mandate
CEPA Environmental Registry Search
- Hydrochlorofluorocarbon (HCFC) Allowance Holders 2015 [2015-04-09]
- Regulations Amending the Prohibition of Certain Toxic Substances Regulations, 2012 [2015-04-02]
- Environmental Performance Agreement 2015–2020 Respecting the Use of Tin Stabilizers in the Vinyl Industry [2015-03-31]
- Regulations Amending the Regulations Designating Regulatory Provisions for Purposes of Enforcement (CEPA 1999) [2015-03-21]
- Ozone-depleting Substances and Halocarbon Alternatives Regulations [2015-03-21]
- Proposed Approach to Address Nanoscale Forms of Substances on the Domestic Substances List [2015-03-18]
- Date modified: