This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
The Canada-Ontario Agreement Respecting the Great Lakes Basin Ecosystem (COA) has been extended to March 2011
March 31, 2010 - The 2007 Canada-Ontario Agreement Respecting the Great Lakes Basin Ecosystem (COA) has been extended to March 31, 2011. The agreement, signed in June 2007, was set to expire on March 31, 2010.
The COA establishes an action plan and clear roles and responsibilities between federal and provincial ministries, and helps Canada meet its commitments under the Canada-US Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement. This one-year extension allows Canada and Ontario to continue their important work to protect and restore the Great Lakes while the governments of Canada and the US negotiate amendments to the Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement.
- Canada and Ontario Continue Work to Protect Great Lakes (News Release)
- Minister Prentice's letter to Minister Gerretsen (PDF; 406KB)
- Minister Gerretsen's letter to Minister Prentice (PDF; 829KB)
- 2007-2010 Canada-Ontario Agreement Respecting the Great Lakes Basin Ecosystem
- Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement
- Date modified: