Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada. You can request alternate formats on the Contact Us page.
Consultation Document: Proposed Risk Management for 2,4,6-TTBP under the Chemicals Management Plan
Proposed Risk Management for
under the Chemicals Management Plan
Chemical Abstracts Service Registry Number (CAS RN):
Download Consultation Document (PDF Format, 548 KB)
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Background
- 3. Uses and Releases of 2,4,6-TTBP
- 4. Existing Risk Management Actions
- 5. Proposed Risk Management Actions for 2,4,6-TTBP
- 5.1 Proposed Risk Management Approach
- 5.2 Amendment to add Diesel Fuel to the Environmental Emergency Regulations
- 5.3 Application of Significant New Activity provisions of CEPA 1999 to 2,4,6-TTBP
- 6. Request for input
- 7. Next Steps
- 8. References
This consultation document outlines the proposed risk management actions for 2,4,6-tri-tert-butylphenol (referred to as 2,4,6-TTBP). Stakeholders are invited to submit comments on the content of this consultation document or provide other information that would help to inform decision making.
The Government of Canada will also consult with stakeholders during the development of the specific risk management instruments.
Summary of proposed risk management
- The Government of Canada is proposing to amend the Environmental Emergency Regulations to add diesel fuel, in which 2,4,6-TTBP can be used as an additive, to the list of substances covered by these Regulations; and
- The Government of Canada is proposing to apply the Significant New Activity (SNAc) provisions of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 to 2,4,6-TTBP to enable the government to assess any new use that could result in releases to the environment.
Note: This summary is an abridged list of the instruments and tools proposed to risk manage this substance. Please see section 5 of this document for a complete explanation of proposed risk management actions.
- Date Modified: