Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 (CEPA 1999)
"An Act respecting pollution prevention and the protection of the environment and human health in order to contribute to sustainable development."
The Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 came into force on March 31, 2000 and has been updated to include all amendments. For the original version as passed by Parliament, please refer to The Archives.
- CEPA 1999 - Full document in HTML format
- CEPA 1999 (Justice Canada Web site)
- CEPA, 1999 current to February 6, 2014 (PDF, 1.767 MB)
- Bill C-33: An Act to amend the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999
- Perfluorooctane Sulfonate Virtual Elimination Act
- A Guide to Understanding the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999
This Guide explains the key features of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 (CEPA 1999).
- Overview of CEPA 1999
The history of CEPA.
- Bill C-32: The Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999
Legislative history, background and analysis of the bill as prepared by the Parliamentary Research Branch of the Library of Parliament.
- Legislative Review of CEPA 1999
Information about activities related to the Parliamentary Review of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999
- Access to Information Act
- Aeronautics Act
- Canada Shipping Act, 2001
- Canada Transportation Act
- Contraventions Act
- Criminal Code
- Environmental Enforcement Act
- Feeds Act
- Fertilizers Act
- Financial Administration Act
- Fisheries Act
- Hazardous Materials Information Review Act
- Health of Animals Act
- Marine Liability Act
- Motor Vehicle Safety Act
- National Defence Act
- Official Languages Act
- Pest Control Products Act
- Privacy Act
- Seeds Act
- Statutory Instruments Act
- Yukon Act
- Date modified: