CEPA Environmental Registry
The CEPA Environmental Registry gives Canadians the opportunity to learn more about how the federal government administers the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 (CEPA 1999) and invites industries, individuals, interest groups and others to participate in the public consultations and decision-making processes that take place under the Act.
The main goal of the Environmental Registry is to make it easier to access current information related to CEPA 1999. It is a comprehensive source of information on a variety of CEPA 1999-related tools, including proposed and existing policies, guidelines, codes of practice, government notices and orders, agreements, permits, and regulations. It also enables the public to monitor the progress of these instruments from the proposal stage to their final publication in the Canada Gazette.
You are encouraged to use the Environmental Registry to follow Environment and Climate Change Canada and Health Canada activities and to participate in the decision-making process by submitting comments on CEPA-related documents.
If this is your first visit, you may find the following links useful:
- The Act - The full text of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999
- About the Environmental Registry - Information on what you will find on the Registry
- Glossary - learn more about the terminology used on the Registry
- CEPA Registry Search engine - Use a keyword or phrase to search the Registry
- An Overview of CEPA 1999 - The history of CEPA.
- A Guide to Understanding the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 - This Guide explains the key features of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 (CEPA 1999).
- Fact Sheets on the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 - Information sheets on specific CEPA-related issues
- CEPA National Advisory Committee - Information about the Committee's role and mandate
CEPA Environmental Registry Search
- Multi-sector Air Pollutants Regulations [2016-06-29]
- Notice of intent to amend the Non-domestic Substances List under subsection 66(2) of CEPA 1999 [2016-06-18]
- Regulations Amending the Off-Road Small Spark-Ignition Engine Emission Regulations [2016-06-11]
- Proposed Guidelines for the Reduction of Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) Emissions from Natural Gas-fuelled Stationary Combustion Turbines [2016-05-27]
- Proposed Code of Practice for the Management of Air Emissions from Pulp and Paper Mills [2016-05-27]
- Proposed Code of Practice for the Management of Fine Particulate Matter (PM2.5) Emissions in the Potash Sector in Canada [2016-05-27]
- Current Parliamentary Review of CEPA [2016-05-16]
- Regulations Amending the Export of Substances on the Export Control List Regulations [2016-05-14]
- Early stakeholder engagement to help inform the plan to address the remaining 1 550 substances under the Chemicals Management Plan [2016-02-05]
- Date modified: