Facility & Substance Information
Additional resources for accessing, understanding and analyzing NPRI data.
NPRI data is also available for download in ACCESS and EXCEL formats.
Imperial Metals Corporation - Mount Polley Mine 2013
Table of Contents
- Facility Location Information
- Substance Reports (Excluding Criteria Air Contaminants)
- Substance Reports (Criteria Air Contaminants)
- Help document
- General considerations when using NPRI data
- NPRI data available for download in other formats
Company/Facility information: Imperial Metals Corporation/Mount Polley Mine (2013)
|Company||Imperial Metals Corporation|
|Facility||Mount Polley Mine|
|Address||5720 Bootjack Forest Service Road|
|NAICS 4||Metal Ore Mining (2122)|
General Facility Comments
Information on the sources, effects and management of certain substances (CEPA Schedule 1) can be accessed by clicking on the icon in the "Substance Information" column (where available). Information on other substances may be found in the Substance Information Links.
|On-Site Releases||Disposal (1)||Off-Site Recycling||Units||Substance
|Antimony (and its compounds)||NA - 01||-||-||-||-||14||-||-||tonnes||
|Arsenic (and its compounds)||NA - 02||-||-||-||-||406,122||-||-||kg||
|Cadmium (and its compounds)||NA - 03||-||-||-||-||6,487||-||-||kg||
|Cobalt (and its compounds)||NA - 05||-||-||-||-||475||-||-||tonnes||
|Copper (and its compounds)||NA - 06||0.090||-||-||0.090||18,413||-||-||tonnes|
|Lead (and its compounds)||NA - 08||-||-||-||-||177,041||-||-||kg||
|Manganese (and its compounds)||NA - 09||0.390||-||-||0.390||20,988||-||-||tonnes|
|Mercury (and its compounds)||NA - 10||-||-||-||-||3,114||-||-||kg||
|Nickel (and its compounds)||NA - 11||-||-||-||-||326||-||-||tonnes||
|Phosphorus (total)||NA - 22||-||-||-||-||41,640||-||-||tonnes|
|Selenium (and its compounds)||NA - 12||-||-||-||-||46,136||-||-||kg|
|Vanadium (except when in an alloy) and its compounds||7440-62-2||-||-||-||-||5,047||-||-||tonnes|
|Zinc (and its compounds)||NA - 14||-||-||-||-||2,169||-||-||tonnes|
(1) NOTE: as of the 2006 reporting year, the Disposal columns include information on tailings and waste rock disposals. Negative numbers are possible for on-site disposal of tailings and waste rock, which would reflect a net removal of the substances from the tailings or waste rock management area.
(2) NOTE: Off-site column under Disposal in this table includes 'Off-site Disposal' and 'Off-Site Treatment Prior to Final Disposal'.
Information on the sources, effects and management of CAC substances can be accessed by clicking on the icon in the "Substance Information" column.
|Releases to Air (Emissions) in tonnes||Substance
|Nitrogen oxides (expressed as NO2)||11104-93-1||1,245||-||-|
|PM - Total Particulate Matter||NA - M08||545||-||-|
|PM10 - Particulate Matter <= 10 Microns||NA - M09||229||-||-||
|PM2.5 - Particulate Matter <= 2.5 Microns||NA - M10||125||-||-||
|Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)||NA - M16||21||-||-||
- g - grams
- kg - kilograms
- g TEQ - grams of Toxic Equivalent