Reporting to the National Pollutant Release Inventory
This page is a resource for owners or operators of facilities that are required to report to the National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI), and others interested in learning about NPRI reporting requirements.
Under the authority of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 (CEPA 1999), owners or operators of facilities that meet published reporting requirements are required to report to the NPRI. Companies that meet reporting requirements but which fail to report, do not report on time, or knowingly submit false or misleading information, face penalties as listed under Section 272 and 273 of CEPA 1999.
- Reporting Deadlines and Changes to Reporting Requirements for 2014 and 2015
- Summary of Reporting Requirements
- Annual Guide for Reporting to the NPRI – For current and previous reporting years
- Legal Requirements – Canada Gazette notices with respect to reporting to the NPRI
- Reporting to the NPRI - Questions and Answers
- NPRI Toolbox– Guidance Documents and supplementary information, emission estimation tools and methodologies, calculation examples and case studies
- Checklist for Reporting to the NPRI – Including tips for avoiding common reporting errors
- Environment Canada's Single Window system- Guidance on how to access and naviagate SWIM
- Date modified: