National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI) Emission Estimate Guide for Primary Aluminum Producers
- 1. Description of the Industry
- 2. Are you required to report to the NPRI?
- 3. Overview of this Guide
- 4. Description of Operations (Raw Materials, Products, Releases vs. Reporting Criteria)
- 5. Identification of sources of releases and off-site transfers
- 6. Estimating Air Emissions: Part 1
- 7. Estimating Air Emissions: Part 2
- 8. Estimating Releases to Water Bodies
- 9. Estimating Releases to Land
- 10. Estimating Off-site Transfers (Disposal and Recycling)
- 11. Glossary
- 12. References
9. Estimating releases to land
This section presents the appropriate methodology for estimating emissions to land.
9.1 Spills and accidental leaks
9.1.1 Process description
Any accidental release that may have occurred in the facility. The difference between a leak and a spill has to do with the duration of the event: a spill extends over a period ranging from a few hours to a few days, whereas a leak lasts a few days to a few months.
All substances used on the site that can be released accidentally or substances that may leak.
9.1.3 Release calculations
- Date modified: