National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI) Emission Estimate Guide for Primary Aluminum Producers
- 1. Description of the Industry
- 2. Are you required to report to the NPRI?
- 3. Overview of this Guide
- 4. Description of Operations (Raw Materials, Products, Releases vs. Reporting Criteria)
- 5. Identification of sources of releases and off-site transfers
- 6. Estimating Air Emissions: Part 1
- 7. Estimating Air Emissions: Part 2
- 8. Estimating Releases to Water Bodies
- 9. Estimating Releases to Land
- 10. Estimating Off-site Transfers (Disposal and Recycling)
- 11. Glossary
- 12. References
3. Are you required to report to the NPRI?
The figure below shows the steps that will enable facilities to determine whether they need to produce a report for the current year.
Figure 1: Steps for determining whether a facility is required to report to the NPRI.
Source: NPRI, 2011
For further details on NPRI reporting requirements, please refer to the Reporting to the National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI) Guide for the current year.
NPRI substances are grouped into five categories based on their reporting criteria. These reporting criteria are available here. For a complete list of NPRI substances, please refer to the notice in Part I of the Canada Gazetteor the NPRI reporting guide for the year in question.
- Date modified: