National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI) Emission Estimate Guide for Primary Aluminum Producers
- 1. Description of the Industry
- 2. Are you required to report to the NPRI?
- 3. Overview of this Guide
- 4. Description of Operations (Raw Materials, Products, Releases vs. Reporting Criteria)
- 5. Identification of sources of releases and off-site transfers
- 6. Estimating Air Emissions: Part 1
- 7. Estimating Air Emissions: Part 2
- 8. Estimating Releases to Water Bodies
- 9. Estimating Releases to Land
- 10. Estimating Off-site Transfers (Disposal and Recycling)
- 11. Glossary
- 12. References
The purpose of this document and the accompanying spreadsheet is to clarify the reporting requirements for aluminium smelters in the primary sector and describe the recommended procedures and approaches for estimating releases of substances listed in the National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI).
This guide was developed by Environment Canada in cooperation with the Aluminium Association of Canada (AAC), its member companies (Alcoa, Alouette and Rio Tinto Alcan) and the Ministère du Développement durable, de l'Environnement et des Parcs du Québec (MDDEP).
- Date modified: