Unpaved Industrial Road Dust Calculation Flowchart
1. Facility Information/Segment road i (Operating days, Unpaved road i length, mean number of vehicle type j, mean number of round trips per vehicle type j per day.
2. Calculate annual km traveled for each vehicle type j on the segment road i VKTij
3. Calculate total annual km traveled for all types of j vehicles on all facility segment roads i VKT=Σ iΣ jVKTij
4. If VTK is less the 10000km do not report road dust. If it is equal or greater to 10000km calculate % traffic on segment road i for each type of vehicle j Pij=VKTj/Σ jVKTij
5. To calculate mean weight for each type of vehicle j on road i where; vehicle type = j, weight empty (WE), weight full (WF) use formula Wij=(WE+WF)/2
6. Calculate total mean weight for all vehicles j on segment road i Wi=Σ jWij*Pij
7. Calculate average annual non adjusted and uncontrolled size specific emission factors EFUi=k(si/12)a(Wi/2.72)b
8. Calculate average annual natural mitigation adjusted size specific emission factors for road i (EFNMi=EFUi*ADJ1) **Note**Adjust for rain and snow by obtaining daily precipitation data.
9. If no dust controlled techniques were applied calculate average annual natural mitigation adjusted size specific emissions for road i (Ei=EFNMi*Σ jVKTij)
10. If dust control techniques were aplied calculate average annual dust control adjusted size specific emission factors (EFCi=EFNMi*ADJ2)
11. Calculate average annual natural mitigation and dust control adjusted size specific emissions for road i (Ei=EFCi*Σ jVKTij)
12. Store size specific emissions from the segment road i and do calculations for another segment road i+1
13.END --> For each size specific emission, sum the emissions from all facility segment roads i E=Σ iEi
- Date modified: