Information on how to use Single Window and report your data to the National Pollutant Release Inventory
The Single Window website will provide details regarding frequently asked questions, contact information, general overview of creating and submitting reports, assigning permissions to other users, etc.
Brief Instructions on using Single Window and the National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI) On-line Reporting System
- Log into Single Window
- Click on National Pollutant Release Inventory and Partners on the Single Window Information Manager (SWIM) Home page
- From the NPRI Reporting Dashboard, click the Prepopulation (prefill) button to use a previous years’ submitted report to begin this year’s report.
- If you need to remove or add a Reporting Program (for example, ON Reg 127), or if you did not file an Inventory report last year, click Add New Report.
- From the Find Facility page, the top 10 facilities listed in SWIM will be displayed.
- Click Add Row to the right of the facility. This will add your facilities to your NPRI Reporting Dashboard page.
- If you used the Prepopulation button, your Status will say In Progress, where if you clicked the Add Items button, it will say New.
- Click the Edit button to begin your report.
IMPORTANT: Please note that if you choose the Prepopulation (prefill) option, ALL information from your selection will be carried over to the new report. This also includes the Programs you selected for that Reporting Year. If you wrongly chose a program (ex. ON MOE 127/01, TRA, etc.), then do not use the prepopulation option.
If there are people who do not have access to your Organizations and Facilities, you will need to grant them access. Permissions are granted under the Manage Access feature in the SWIM module, which can be found on the left hand menu after you have selected the appropriate Organization.
To grant permissions, you will generate an EC Key by clicking on the Grant Access button. Choose your Program, type of Permission, Facility(ies) and then the number of EC Keys you wish to generate. Give 1 EC Key to each user and have them enter them under Redeem EC Key on the left hand menu.
- Contact SWIM Help Desk for questions regarding the operation of SWIM.
- Contact the NPRI Helpdesk for questions regarding reporting criteria or completing your report.
- For more information about SWIM please refer to their website: http://ec.gc.ca/gu-sw
- Date modified: