National Pollutant Release Inventory
Tracking Pollution in Canada
The National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI) is Canada's legislated, publicly accessible inventory of pollutant releases (to air, water and land), disposals and transfers for recycling. It is a key resource for:
- identifying pollution prevention priorities;
- supporting the assessment and risk management of chemicals, and air quality modelling;
- helping develop targeted regulations for reducing releases of toxic substances and air pollutants;
- encouraging actions to reduce the release of pollutants into the environment; and
- improving public understanding.
Resources for accessing, analyzing and interpreting information on pollutant releases and transfers in Canada.
Information for owners or operators of facilities required to report to the National Pollutant Release Inventory.
NPRI Data Search
Find out about pollutant releases and transfers in Canada
NPRI Map Layers for use with Google Earth™
- Date Modified: