Help the Government of Canada organize its website!
Complete an anonymous 5-minute questionnaire. Start now.
Contact Al Colodey:
Past President and Board member, Canadian Association for Laboratory Accreditation
AWARDS / EDUCATION
M.Sc. Biology, Acadia University, Wolfville, N.S.
Citation of Excellence Awards
Manager - Pacific Environmental Science Centre and Pacific and Yukon Laboratory for Environmental Testing
CURRENT S&T / RESEARCH - To provide analysis, advice and services to clients in Environment Canada and other government departments and agencies
- Enhanced coordination of laboratory and research support services across our national network to increase customer satisfaction and maintain Canadian Association of Laboratory Accreditation Inc. (CALA) accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025 standards.
- Management of PESC to provide a safe and productive work environment
- Facilitate innovation to meet on-going and emerging needs, e.g. integration of chemistry and biology including toxicogenomics
- Enhance recruitment and training opportunities as part of public service renewal, maintenance and enhancement of the Centre's capabilities
- On-going interests in adaptive monitoring, environmental regulation development & implementation and international development
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES / INTERESTS
Served as Canada's representative on the nine-country OECD experts team that conducted & reported on the environmental performance review of China (2000-2005)
On regulation development teams for the Fisheries Act and Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA) regulatory monitoring requirements for pulp and paper mills and mining
Co-authored international response of the Government of Canada to a Submission on Enforcement Matters Under Articles 14 and 15 of the North American Agreement on Environmental Cooperation Submission No. Sem-98-004
Co-author and edit scientific and policy publications
Headley, J.V., K.M. Peru, B. Fahlman, A. Colodey, D.W. McMartin. 2012. Selective solvent extraction and characterization of the acid extractable fraction of Athabasca oil sands process waters by Orbitrap mass spectrometry. International Journal of Mass Spectrometry. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijms.2012.08.023
Furtula V., Osachoff H., Derksen D., Hafizan Juahir H., Colodey A., Chambers P. 2012. Inorganic nitrogen, sterols and Bacterial Source Tracking as tools to characterize water quality and possible contamination sources in surface water. Water Research, 46, 4, 1079-1092.
Contributor. 2011. Integrated Monitoring Plan for the Oil Sands. ISBN:978-1-100-18939-0. 104pp. Environment Canada.
Contributing author. 2007. Environmental Performance Review of China. OECD, Paris. 336 pp. link ISBN: 9264031154
Furtula, V., G. Derksen and A. Colodey. 2006. Application of Automated Mass Spectrometry Deconvolution and Identification Software for Pesticide Analysis in Surface Waters. Environmental Science and Health. 41(8):1259-1271.
Colodey, A.G. 2003. Aquatic Environmental Protection: Common Goals, Many Tools. Water Intelligence Online. Paper presented in IAWQ Beijing 2000.
Hall, E.R. and A.G. Colodey (eds.). 1997. Forestry Industry Wastewaters V. Pergamon Journals. 408 pp. ISBN 0080430945.
Expertise Categories associated with this S&T Expert:Ecology
Canadian Environmental Assessment Act
Canadian Environmental Protection Act (1999)
Environmental Effects Monitoring Program
Regulation & Enforcement
Nature & Wildlife
Ecosystems & Habitats
Pollution & Waste
Pulp and paper
- Date Modified: