Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Large Facilities
In 2011, just over one third (36%) of Canada’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions came from 539 facilities. The total emissions reported by those facilities was 254 megatonnes (Mt) of carbon dioxide equivalent (CO2 eq).
Greenhouse gas emissions from large facilities, Canada, 2011
Source: Environment Canada (2012) Overview of the Reported 2011 Greenhouse Gas Emissions.
The data for this indicator are collected under the federal Facility GHG Emissions Reporting Program, to which all facilities that emit 50,000 tonnes of CO2 eq of GHGs or more per year are required to submit their emissions.
Unlike Canada’s National Inventory Report which compiles GHG emissions data at a national level, and is developed from national and provincial statistics, the federal Facility GHG Emissions Reporting Program applies only to the industrial and other types of facilities emitting the largest amounts of GHGs in Canada.
- National Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions per Person and per Unit Gross Domestic Product
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions by Economic Sector
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions by Province and Territory
- Global Carbon Dioxide Emissions from Fuel Combustion
- Date Modified: