Export and Import of Hazardous Waste and Hazardous Recyclable Material Regulations (EIHWHRMR) User Guide
- General Information
- Interpretation and Definitions
- General Provisions
- Online Notification and Permit System
- Appropriate Authorities
- Contracts and Insurance
- Summary of Conditions on Exports, Imports and Transits
- Movement Document
- Summary of Conditions on Returns
- Confirmation of Disposal or Recycling
- Pre-Approved Facilities
- Waste Export Reductions Plans
- Environmentally Sound Management Criteria
What is the purpose of this guide?
This guide is designed to help people who are involved in international movements of hazardous wastes and hazardous recyclable materials in Canada understand and implement the requirements of the Regulations. It will be useful to anyone who generates, handles, transports, treats, recycles, stores, or disposes of hazardous wastes or hazardous recyclable materials where international shipments are involved.
How do I use this guide?
This guide is divided into 17 sections, each dealing with a different aspect of the Regulations. Each section provides answers to the most common questions about the various provisions of the Regulations; however, in the event of a discrepancy between this guide and the Regulations, the Regulations take precedence.
- Date Modified: