Export and Import of Hazardous Waste and Hazardous Recyclable Material Regulations - User Guide
- 1. Introduction
- 2. General Information
- 3. Definitions and Interpretation
- 4. General Provisions
- 5. Notification
- 6. Online Notification and Permit System
- 7. Appropriate Authorities
- 8. Contracts and Insurance
- 9. Summary of Conditions on Exports, Imports and Transits
- 10. Movement Document
- 11. Summary of Conditions on Returns
- 12. Confirmation of Disposal or Recycling
- 13. Pre-Approved Facilities
- 14. Waste Export Reductions Plans
- 15. Refusal to Issue a Permit
- 16. PELES
What is the purpose of this guide?
The Export and Import of Hazardous Waste and Hazardous Recyclable Material Regulations User Guide (hereafter referred to as EIHWHRMR User Guide) is designed to help people who are involved in international movements of hazardous waste and hazardous recyclable material in Canada understand and implement the requirements of the Regulations. It will be useful to anyone who generates, handles, transports, exports, imports, treats, recycles, stores, or disposes of hazardous waste or hazardous recyclable material where international shipments are involved.
How do I use this guide?
This guide is divided into 17 sections, each dealing with a different aspect of the Regulations. Each section provides answers to the most common questions about the various provisions of the Regulations; however, in the event of a discrepancy between this guide and the Regulations, the Regulations always take precedence.
- Date modified: