Permit for import, export and transit of hazardous wastes and hazardous recyclables
Submit notice, obtain permit, make shipments, submit documents, and manage irregularities.
Services and information
Apply and manage applications on-line.
How to accurately describe your goods.
Who must apply, when, and how.
Type and timing of amendments that will be considered.
Import hazardous waste or hazardous recyclable material to Canada.
Movement document requirements.
Export hazardous waste or hazardous recyclable material from Canada.
Submission and record keeping requirements.
Ship hazardous waste and hazardous recyclable material through Canada or another country.
Seek approval to return or reroute a shipment.
- e-Notification user guide
- Waste classification user guide
- Regulations user guide
- Provincial, territorial, and international contacts
- Preapproved facilities
- Permits of equivalent levels of environmental safety (PELES)
- Fact sheets: international movement of hazardous wastes and hazardous recyclable materials
- Forms under the EIHWHRMR
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- Date modified: