Of the total electricity generated in Canada, approximately 15% (72 million megawatt hours) is nuclear energy. Current nuclear generating capacity is about 10,301 megawatts.
The Point Lepreau Nuclear Power Station is located in southwest New Brunswick. It produces 650 MW of electricity for use in New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island, as well as in the state of Maine, U.S.A.
Use the following links for information on:
- Regional mix of dominant electricity sources
- Atomic Energy of Canada Limited
- Nuclear Waste Management Organization
- Canadian Nuclear Association
- Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
- Canada's Energy Sector
- Date modified: