Achieves efficient, timely, quality results by directing efforts on expected outcomes and the provision of exemplary client service.
Level 1: Addresses immediate client needs
- Responds to client needs in a timely, professional, helpful, and courteous manner, regardless of client attitude.
- Clearly shows clients that their perspectives are valued.
- Strives to consistently meet service standards.
- Demonstrates understanding of the link between what the organization is trying to achieve and own role in producing that outcome.
- Delivers measurable outputs on time, meeting or exceeding quality standards.
Level 2: Maintains client contact to ensure outputs are on track
- Follows up with clients during and after delivery of services to ensure that outputs address their needs.
- Keeps clients up-to-date on progress in meeting their needs and on changes that affect them.
- Puts client's issues in order of priority and addresses most pressing concerns.
- Assesses personal progress in achieving results and adjusts actions as need to meet expectations.
Level 3: Provides added value
- Looks for ways to add value beyond the client's immediate requests.
- Explores and addresses the unidentified, underlying and long-term client needs.
- Enhances client service delivery systems and processes.
- Anticipates client's upcoming needs and concerns.
- Contributes ideas for improvements in work methods and outcomes.
Level 4: Provides seasoned advice to enhance results
- Acts as a seasoned advisor, providing independent opinion on complex client problems and novel initiatives, and assisting with decision-making.
- Pushes client to consider difficult issues that are in their best interests.
- Advocates on behalf of clients to more senior management, identifying approaches that meet clients' needs as well as those of the organization.
- Encourages responsible risk taking to achieve high quality results.
Level 5: Ensures continued service excellence
- Evaluates emerging and longer-term opportunities and threats to achieving outcomes and meeting clients' needs.
- Determines strategic business direction to best meet clients' evolving needs.
- Monitors, evaluates and, as needed, renews the client service model and service standards.
- Ensures the development and use of objective criteria and measures to improve critical organizational processes and outputs.
- Takes leading action in clarifying the boundaries of acceptable risk, congruent with achieving high quality results.
Core Competency 4
- Date Modified: