Innovation / Initiative
Using information from a variety of sources, identifies immediate action needed to address current issues, seizes the opportunities to enhance performance and advance horizontal/vertical goals. Attends to imminent issue while maintaining an awareness of emerging opportunities.
Level 1: Identifies immediate action needed
- Brings issues to the attention of appropriate personnel as needed.
- Without promoting, undertakes straightforward tasks that go beyond the job's routine demands (e.g., helps others when own work is completed).
- Demonstrates openness to considering new approaches.
- Offers ideas/suggests modified approaches to address current situations or issues.
Level 2: Addresses current issues
- Tries varied approaches and solutions to resolve a problem.
- Persists when marked difficulties arise.
- Tries innovative ways to get things done, while taking steps to reduce the risks.
- Considers situations from new perspectives.
Level 3: Addresses imminent issues or opportunities
- Takes action to avoid an imminent problem or to capitalize on an imminent opportunity.
- Perseveres in seeking opportunities to advance organizational objectives in the near or intermediate term.
- Suggests innovative ways to achieve better results or add value beyond the current situation.
- Uses varied perspectives to improve approaches to current situations.
Level 4: Seizes opportunities to enhance organizational performance/advance organizational goals
- Identifies and acts on opportunities to enhance organizational outcomes or to advance organizational goals.
- Perseveres in seeking innovative solutions to complex issues despite significant and ongoing obstacles.
- Creates opportunities to undertake initiatives that will benefit the organization in the near term.
Level 5: Addresses future opportunities
- Defines and addresses high-level challenges that have the potential to advance a field of study or sector.
- Responds to emerging trends with initiatives that are aligned with the organizations vision and values.
- Anticipates future opportunities and generates innovative strategies to position the organization to take advantage of them.
- Date Modified: