Flexibility / Adaptability
Willingly adapts to constantly changing circumstances while maintaining a corporate perspective; the ability to engage in continuous learning, to adjust the application of knowledge, skills and abilities to address new challenges as contextual realities change.
Level 1: Demonstrates flexibility
- Understands and recognizes the value of other points of view and ways of doing things.
- Displays a positive attitude in the face of ambiguity and change.
- Shifts tasks, roles and project assignments as organizational realities change.
- Reflects on completed activities, identifying what worked well, what didn't, and what could be done differently next time to support continuous improvement.
Level 2: Adapts to the situation
- Flexibly applies rules or procedures, while remaining guided by the organization's values.
- Adapts behaviour to perform effectively under changing or unclear conditions.
- Acquires and applies new knowledge and learning to address new challenges.
Level 3: Adapts to widely varied needs
- Supports and adapts to major changes that challenge traditional ways of operating.
- Adapts interpersonal style to highly diverse individuals and groups in a range of situations.
- Anticipates change and adapts own plans and priorities accordingly.
- Gathers information from varied sources to identify own strengths and weaknesses in current position.
Level 4: Adapts plans and goals
- Revises project goals when circumstances demand it.
- Recognizes and responds quickly to shifting opportunities and risks.
- Stays abreast of emerging developments and trends in own area to identify possible changes needed to plans or goals.
- Pursues challenging experiences beyond customary role or area of expertise to add value in current area.
Level 5: Adapts organizational strategies
- Adapts behaviour to perform effectively amidst continuous change, ambiguity and, at times, apparent chaos.
- Shifts readily between dealing with macro-strategic issues and critical details.
- Anticipates and capitalizes on emerging opportunities and risks.
- Undertakes developmental opportunities to meet future organizational needs.
- Date Modified: